at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Rancho Santa Margarita, California. Executive summary:
– Blessed are voters who are just and righteous, because they recognize that the world isn’t and that their votes can make a difference.
– Blessed are the big-picture thinkers, because when they think about those who really have troubles, they’ll worry less and care more.
– Blessed are the hopeful, because they know that God has it well in hand.
– Blessed are the skeptical, because they know that politicians (left, right, and center) don’t always say what they mean.
– Blessed are the indecisive, because being too sure we’re right and others are wrong isn’t a godly virtue.